Manchester Alloy Wheel Repair
At Lepsons one of our core skills is alloy wheel repair. As part of the refurbishment process we often have to repair a wheel to ensure that the final result looks fantastic. This means that over the years we have developed a great deal of experience in just what is possible when it comes to dealing with problems with alloy wheels. A crucial component of the process is determining what can be safely repaired. Our technicians inspect each wheel and will let you know what is possible. We will not repair a wheel where the result will be unsafe for day-to-day use on the road even if the wheel looks OK on the surface. The different types of wheel damage that we can repair are:
- Straightening alloy wheels – We can straighten alloy wheels which are not running true as a result of minor knocks
- Curbed/Kerbed and scuffed wheels – Generally these wheels will have more surface damage than a wheel requiring straightening. Depending on the extent of the damage we will either weld or fill the damaged area and then polish or machine the surface using one of our lathes so that a perfect finish is achieved
- Buckled, bent and cracked wheels – Wheels with these sorts of damage are often repairable and may require more detailed attention to deal with the damage
- Pothole damage repair – We are seeing (and repairing) an increasing number of wheels damaged by encounters with potholes, once again the majority can be repaired as long as the result is safe
- Corroded wheels – If a wheel has experienced lots of corrosion then it first goes through our chemical wheel stripping process to remove any existing dirt, corrosion and paint/lacquer to get to bare metal. A similar process is then followed as with damaged wheels, but there are limits to the degree of corrosion that can be repaired and our technicians will discuss this with you once they have had sight of the wheel.
- Split rim wheel repair – People are choosing split rim wheels for their cars in increasing numbers nowadays. We refurbish hundreds of these types of wheels each week. Split rims are more complicated to repair and our technicians have extensive experience in dealing with these types of wheels.
There are plenty of examples in our Wheel Showcase section showing the finished result after we have transformed damaged wheels on a number of Manchester cars. An example of a specific repair is shown below (more can be seen in the Before & After Photos section).